Wednesday, November 22, 2006


Final Portfolio Project




In my third installment of this semester's portfolio course, I would like to explore the urban landscape through photography and drawings. I have already begun shooting in NYC, I love the architecture there. The ambling rooftops especially intrigue me. Formally speaking, I want to really hone my technical drawing skills in terms of proportion, perspective and value. In addition, I really want to focus on composition and composing interesting and balanced pieces. This is a subject that I have always had a strong response to visually and believe that I can capture what it is that fascinates me by doing this project. I plan on doing drawings from life rather than from my photographs. But if I find one photo that I think would look better translated into drawing, I will not limit myself to this rule. I will have a series of at least six pieces but no more than ten, that share a common aesthetic or theme that I intend to make evident to the viewer. I also intend to imbue them with some deeper expressive content , but at this point I am starting with a subject and not a concept so I expect the aforementioned content will reveal itself as I dig deeper into my work. In sum, my objectives are to improve technical and observational drawing skills, compose the pieces in a thoughtful and conscious way, and to present my viewer with a new perspective on a familiar subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home